The OGF Chemical Injection System utilizes the continuous injection of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to remove hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odors) and iron through a process known as oxidation. Used since the 1970s, this technology is effective because it oxidizes sulfur compounds without producing toxic byproducts. Our system is a residential-grade proportional injection system built with industry leading technology, backed by our satisfaction guarantee warranty.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES
- Easy to use - Programs in seconds
- Simple to set - The electronic controller has only one internal moving part
- Easy to monitor - Meter counts the gallons used and monitors flow rates
- Long life - due to superior backwashing features of the Catalytic Carbon life
- Inexpensive to run - A 12 volt no-shock electrical system uses less than $2.00 of electricity a year
- Battery backup - maintains the memory during a power outage
- Quality motor - Utilizes the Stenner Injection Pump & Meter
- Effective filtration - The system removes silt, sand, sediment and cloudiness
- Low maintenance - due to automatic operation
- The system includes - 15-gallon peroxide tank, Stenner Pump and Meter, inFusion filter, and 5 Gallons H2O2
The inFusion Filter System uses hydrogen peroxide to oxidize iron and hydrogen sulfide by using Catalytic Carbon filtration media in the filtration process. An automated backwashing is then performed approximately every two days by the Flex control valve which then cleans the bed. In the most extreme instances, daily backwashing may be needed.
The Case for Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)
- Powerful - H2O2 is one of the most powerful oxidizers - known to be stronger than chlorine, chlorine dioxide, and potassium permanganate. Only fluorine, a hydroxyl radical, and ozone are better oxidizers - but all are either deadly poisons or cost prohibitive.
- Advantages - Complete elimination of iron and sulfur, regardless of the levels, without the use of dangerous chemicals. Rest assured that it will eliminate iron and sulfur and the rotten-egg odor, even if the water contains iron and sulfur-reducing bacteria. It also has a relatively low cost, using only 20 to 40 gallons of hydrogen peroxide a year for a family of four.
- Safe - Despite its power, H2O2 is a natural metabolite of many organisms, which decomposes the H2O2 they produce into oxygen and water. H2O2 is also formed by the action of sunlight on water, a natural purification system for our environment. Consequently, H2O2 has none of the problems of gaseous release or chemical residues that are associated with other chemical oxidants. And since H2O2 is totally miscible with water, it reverts back to hydrogen and oxygen after the reaction is complete.
- Versatile - The fact that H2O2 is used for seemingly converse applications proves its versatility. It can treat both easy-to-oxidize pollutants (iron and sulfides) and is lethal to iron, sulfur and manganese.
- Selective - H2O2 can be used for such diverse applications due to the different ways in which its power can be selectivity directed. By simply adjusting the conditions of the reaction (e.g., pH, temperature, dose, reaction time, and/or catalyst addition), H2O2 can often be made to oxidize one pollutant over another, or even to favor different oxidation products from the same pollutant. It is a fantastic oxidizer, much better than chlorine and potassium permanganate, and poses no health hazard.